RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Leaf Specialty Tax Consultants is here to foster entrepreneurial growth, advise clients on how Research and Development Tax Credits work in their favor, and provide a way to get money coming back to the client’s business.
We are looking to grow and are seeking a qualified staff accountant to help us accomplish our growth goals!
Benefits to working with Leaf!
· Walk into a business with a documented and established process
· Development relationships with referral partners
· Become a trusted resource to assist in serving their clients with Research and Development Tax Credits.
R&D Tax Credit Staff Accountant Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Work with multi-disciplinary teams to conduct research and development (R&D) tax credit consulting services, including client interviews and discussions, performing tax technical research, and developing business and industry expertise
· Interfacing directly with client personnel, including operations, finance, accounting, and engineering with maturity and discretion
· Assist in multiple projects simultaneously, which include scheduling, client interviews, computations, analysis, data gathering, report preparation, and working directly with Service Line Leader.
· Provides timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds client expectations
· Assist with Audit representation including drafting IDR responses and working with the IRS to resolve client matters
R&D Tax Credit Staff Accountant Requirements and Qualifications
· High standards when it comes to ethics, integrity, and client service.
· An accounting degree or equivalent is preferred, as is experience with professional client service. The position also requires a strong understanding of federal and state taxes. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Alternative degrees in engineering or technical sciences allowed
· Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
· Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Ability to travel and work at office locations and client locations.
· Position requires approximately 20-25% domestic travel.
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
· Base Salary (based on experience)
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· Vision Insurance